Luddenham Track Day 14th June
WHAT IS AN OPEN TRACK DAY?
Open Track Days are designed for you to enjoy Luddenham Motorsport Park!
The days are great for vehicle testing, shakedowns or for simply getting out on a track and enjoying your vehicle by yourself or with friends and family.
You get to drive at your own pace and explore the upper limits of your vehicle. Laps are electronically timed, and can be viewed on the phone app “SpeedHive by Mylaps” or on the HDTV display in the center.
You get to choose what group you go in, and there are three levels to choose from, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
TRACK DAY DETAILS:
- Sign In, Scrutineering & Briefing starts from 7:30am (this will run from 7:30am-8:50am, if you arrive later you will need to wait patiently until staff are free to check you in)
- Event Starts at 9am
- Event Finishes at 4pm
- Sessions are 15 Minutes long, there is no lunch break, so sessions continue running throughout the day until 4pm. e.g. Advanced has a 15 min session, then Intermediate, then Beginner and so on.
- Beginner Group – Perfect for your First Time on track and if you want to take it slow.
- Intermediate Group – Perfect for those who have attended a few Track Days previously & if you are confident in your driving ability.
- Advanced Group – Perfect for those who have a Fast Car & are Experienced Drivers.
- Drivers – $250 p.p (Weekends & Public Holidays) $200 p.p (Weekdays)
- Second Drivers – $50 – Payable on the day
- Passengers / Spectators – $20 – Payable on the day
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING / WEAR?
- You must have a helmet that is approved for Motorsport Activities, if you do not have a helmet you can hire one on the day for $20
- You must have on enclosed shoes (sneakers) and long pants and long sleeves, anyone getting in a Car must have on this attire.
- You must wear enclosed shoes at all times while in the Motorsport Park
- You must bring physical ID that is Valid, such as an Australian Drivers Licence, Australian Photo ID Card or Passport if you are an overseas resident.
- ID is held as security because we provide you with timing and a key to the gate, so please make sure you have a physical ID or a security item (e.g. House Keys / $600 Cash Bond/ Phone) on you to ensure we can hand these items out to you on the day and avoid delays!
WHO CAN DRIVERS BRING?
Drivers can bring Second Drivers ($50p.p.), Passengers ($20p.p.) and Spectators ($20p.p.). This is not something that is pre booked, and is something you pay for on arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be over 16 to enter the Motorsport Park, there are no exceptions to this rule and ID must be presented for all Participants at Check In.
- Second Drivers
- Second Drivers share the sessions of the first driver and are $50.
- Second Drivers pay on the day and must hold their red p’s at a minimum.
- A second driver will only be in the same sessions as the first driver as they are sharing the sessions and vehicle of the first driver.
- All Second Drivers are required to show sign in and present Valid ID, such as an Australian Drivers Licence, Australian Photo ID Card or Passport if you are an overseas resident.
- Passengers / Spectators
- Passengers / Spectators are $20 and pay on the Day.
- Passengers / Spectators must be at least 16 and older.
- No one under 16 is permitted at the Motorsport Park.
- All Passengers / Spectators are required to show sign in and present Valid ID, such as an Australian Drivers Licence, Australian Photo ID Card or Passport if you are an overseas resident
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR SCRUTINEERING?
- It is the responsibility of all drivers to ensure that their vehicle is in road worthy condition and that it will not pose a risk to anyone on track.
- Brakes must be in order, Tyres must be in order, no leaks, spills, cracked or damaged windows or broken seat belts will be permitted on track.
DO YOU ALLOW SPECTATORS?
Yes. Spectators are permitted at Open Track Days for $20. Please note you must be attending the Track Day with a Driver to spectate as we limit numbers at our events to ensure an enjoyable and secure day for participants.
Spectators must be 16 and above and must present ID at check in.
IS THERE A PHOTOGRAPHER ON SITE ?
Yes, Strider Media is the Official Photographer at Luddenham Raceway, and they will be on site to take pictures which you can purchase after the event – https://www.strider.media/motorsport/luddenham-track-days
CAN I USE A LUDDENHAM RACEWAY GIFT VOUCHER TO BOOK A LUDDENHAM RACEWAY TRACK DAY?
Yes you can! you just need to email [email protected] with your voucher and let them know the date you would like to book, what group you would like to be in and the name and vehicle of the driver. The Motorsport Park team will then redeem your voucher and any remaining amount will be applied to your name, or any outstanding amount will be fixed up on the day.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE AND DO I NEED A DRIVERS LICENCE?
To be a Driver you must be at least 17 and you must also hold at a minimum your red P’s.
If your Licence has been cancelled or suspended, that’s fine you just need to show proof that you held a red p’s or higher previously.
You can drive with an international licence, just please remember on the day for check in you will need to show a Passport if you do not have an Australian Drivers Licence and or Australian Photo ID Card.
To be in the Motorsport Park you must be at least 16 years old. No one under 16 is permitted in the Motorsport Park under any circumstances.
DO I NEED A CAMS / AASA LICENCE OR SIMILAR?
No outside licensing required (eg.CAMS/AASA) to attend the day.
However for sign in you MUST present Valid, Government Issued Photo ID such as an Australian Drivers Licence, Australian Photo ID Card OR Passport if you are an overseas resident. No other ID will be accepted.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DO I GET?
Drivers will choose the group they drive in (beginners, intermediate or advanced) and when their sessions are our they will be on track for 15 minute sessions.
Sessions are cycled throughout the day so depending on how many groups are running a driver will get between 4- 8 fifteen minute sessions.
CAN I DRIFT OR DO BURNOUTS?
- Drifting / Burnouts / Dangerous Driving etc. are not tolerated at any time during a Track Day.
If you do engage in such activity you will received a lifetime ban and be escorted off the premises.
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO GET INTO THE MOTORSPORT PARK?
You must be at least 16 years old and ID is required to be shown by all who will be entering the Motorsport Park.
Under no circumstances can you attend if you are under 16 (this includes toddlers and babies, if you cannot show ID as a 16 year old you are not permitted entry)as the Motorsport Park has live pits and it is not safe for under 16’s to attend.
If you are under 18 (but over 16) and plan on attending and your parent will NOT be attending with you, then you MUST email for a Waiver or you will not be able to get inside. Your parent can email [email protected] and request a Take Home Waiver.
WHAT ABOUT FUEL?
Fuel is NOT available on site, the two nearest Service Stations are less than a 5 minute Drive from Luddenham Raceway and details are listed below:
- CALTEX: 19 The Northern Road, Luddenham NSW 2745
- SHELL: 2140 The Northern Road, Luddenham NSW 2745
If you plan on refueling on site you must only do so in the designated refueling bay and you CANNOT drive with fuel in your car on track.
IS IT OK IF MY CAR…?
- Street and Track Cars are both welcomed.
- Roll cages are not required but are permitted.
- All items inside the Car MUST be secured. This means no loose objects that can fling around when you are on track.
WHAT IF I AM NOT ABLE TO ATTEND OR WANT TO CHANGE THE DATE AFTER I HAVE BOOKED?
If you have booked a track day and do not attend then you would forfeit your ticket. Track Days are a ticketed event and you would not be entitled to a refund. Please note that once a booking has been made changes are not permitted, so make sure the day is suitable before you book as any changes would result in a $100 rebook fee.
WHAT ARE THE T&C’S?
WHAT IF I AM LATE?
If you are late (arrive after 8:50am) then you may miss a few of your sessions but you are still allowed to sign in!
Just head to the building labelled Reception and wait for Staff to be free to sign you in and get you situated. Please be patient and polite while waiting for Staff to become free to assist you.
WHAT IF I WANT TO DRIVE WITH MY FRIENDS?
If you and a few friends want to drive in the same sessions make sure you pick the same group (beginner / intermediate / advanced) and then email [email protected] a list of names for the people who wish to drive together.
You need to do this at least 24 hours before the Track Day begins to allow us to group you all together, if you don’t do this and wait until the day of your event we might not be able to move you around as groups are pre-allocated.
If you have 10-12 drivers you can book a session out for yourselves, so everyone would just need to book their tickets and then you would send a list of names requesting to be put into one group.
HOW DO UNDERCOVER PIT SPOTS WORK?
First in, best dressed! So arrive early and get your preferred spot.
CAN I LOOK AT MY TIMES AFTER THE DAY?
Yes you can, you can download the SpeedHive App (by Mylaps) on your phone OR you can go to https://speedhive.mylaps.com/ and search “Luddenham Raceway” to bring up the results of past track days.
CAN I WALK IN ON THE DAY OF A TRACK DAY AND PAY?
Yes, usually we can accommodate one or two walk ins for Track Days that are scheduled, so just call ahead before you leave to confirm.
If you have any more questions you are welcome to email [email protected]
- Luddenham Track Day 17th June
- 17 Jun 2023
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm